Monday, May 9, 2011

Hw#51

Precis:

The second third of the book I am explaining the cremation process and I also explain the different ways of throwing the ashes and the different places and experiences people have with the cremation process. I talk about Ashes on the Sea which is an organization that does Sea Burial which is when you take the Ashes of the deceased person and spread them in the sea.

Quotes:


  • "Floating on the vast Pacific, surrounded on all sides by the original source of life itself, Ken felt the smallness of the human condition and his connection to the larger, natural world." Pg.72
  • “That would gain her not just the yacht and flowers for scattering, but two hours at sea, which would include a leisurely bay tour after the scattering” Pg.77
  • "Unlike most standard funerals back on land, sea scatterings rarely take on the atmosphere of formal affairs." Pg.80
The whole entire Sea Burial thing is really interesting to me because before this book I never knew there was such a thing. I never thought that it was even possible and I also didn't think you would need a permit to go into sea to put ashes. I also noticed that people don't know a lot about the whole dealing with the dead process. I also think that people in the taking care of the dead industry aka Funeral Homes over price what they sell for something they don't really have to buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment