Monday, May 16, 2011

Hw#55

For my project I interviewed a Funeral Directer at an Ortiz Funeral Home and I asked the funeral director questions about how he takes care of the dead. He had very interesting things to say when it came to the care of the dead. Here is the list of questions I asked:


  • What are your thoughts on embalming?
  • What would you want happened to your body when you die?
  • What made you want to become a funeral director?
  • How do you feel about cremation?

The Funeral Director said that he isn't required by law to embalm the people that he takes care of but all the people he has worked with so far as the director of the funeral has wanted there loved ones get embalmed and then put into a casket for either an open or closed casket. His funeral home was unusually small that surprised me when I walked into his funeral home. The director said that he doesn't want to be cremated because he would want to get buried with his mom and dad where he was from in Italy. He also said that he wants an open casket and he also wants people to celebrate his death he doesn't want people to worry about him. He also said he wants people to eat food while they view him, I found that pretty surprising because I never heard anyone say that before or planned that. I asked him why he wanted to become a funeral director and he said that his grandfather was in the taking care of the dead business and he was fascinated with the taking care of the dead after he got out of college. I don't understand why people oppose embalming and the whole process, in class they explained it in such a way where I was convinced its natural and there is no problems with the whole idea of it. 

1 comment:

  1. Anthonys, When I read thru your project I really was surprised and actually I really enjoyed what the person you got Interview said about his wishes about what he want from people who came to the his funeral when he will be dead.I found it funny because it seems like this person is really love his job in the funeral home and he seems like a very positive and happy Person.He explained why and when he decided to work in the funeral home and I understood that many people enjoy that job and they are happy to do their work in that because it is a regular job!

    ReplyDelete