Monday, May 23, 2011

Hw#57

When I think of prom I think of the typical boy asks girl, girl says yes, they go to prom, they dance, they announce prom king and queen and then there is an after party where every senior goes crazy partying. Its the same thing all over in my opinion. As I grow older I start to lose interest in prom don't get me wrong I want to go to prom and I want to enjoy it but it won't be the same feeling I had when I was younger. Andy explained it well in class its like when a child is able to act like an adult for one day. You get to stay up, dress up and have fun. I also think of prom as a celebration where people can have fun, we are always in school doing our work and getting things done that prom is the night to forget about work and to let loose and have fun.

Everyone in my family has been to prom, my brother said it was one the greatest times of his life being able to party and have fun with his friend and also his date. Also I don't understand why it is so important to have a date when you go to prom when you can just celebrate prom with your friends instead of having a date. It seems like if you don't have a date you are a loser. I feel that you don't need a date to have fun. I have talked to some of my friends and they don't even care about prom and don't think its that big of a deal.  They are just going to the after party and chilling with there friends at the after party instead of going to the prom. Prom seems like its all a hype up.

Why do you need to bring a date to prom?

Why is prom considered the rite of passage?

No comments:

Post a Comment